At the end of this article, you'll be able to:
- Understand the importance of Message settings
- Customize the Invitation, Completion, Shortlist and Rejection message
📌Why is it important?
The messages tab lets the users set up the outgoing messages to the candidates in every step of the process. Invitation, Completion, Shortlist, and Rejection message can be customized by adding token codes and emojis. These can be sent via SMS, Facebook Messenger, E-mail, or WhatsApp (if activated in the account).
- The client wants to send an invitation message to their candidates to encourage them to complete their online interviews.
⚙️How to configure it?
There are four tabs inside the message settings where the message can be set up.
- Invitation: The message a candidate will receive after they get added to the CRM and will ask them to complete the online interview.
- Completion: The message a candidate will receive after completing the online interview.
- Shortlisted: The message a candidate will receive when the profile was shortlisted. Note: When shortlisting a candidate, a prompt will ask you whether you would like to notify this candidate that he was shortlisted or not.
- Rejection: Same manner as to Shortlisted message for the scenario in which you reject a candidate.
And each tab has 2 sections which are SMS /Facebook /Whatsapp and Email.
I. Setting Up the SMS/Facebook/WhatsApp Message
- WhatsApp - Unlike the other messaging channel, message content for WhatsApp can only be set up by sending a couple of message variations to WhatsApp which they need to review and approve. Reach out to your CSM to help you in performing this action.
- SMS/Facebook - Message content for SMS and Facebook can only be set up in a single field. Recruiters can customize the message by adding token codes and emojis in it.
II. Setting Up the Email Message
Similar to SMS/Facebook, e-mail messages can also be set up inside the campaign settings. Aside from adding token codes, you can also insert your company logo or other relevant images you wanted to include in your e-mail, change the font style and switch to the "source code" view to produce a better message layout.
Step 1: Fill out the e-mail subject
Step 2: Compose your e-mail in the message box.
Step 3: Once done, click on the "Save" button.
III. Enable/Disable Message
Enabling the message button will automatically send the message to the candidates when they are added to a campaign, completed an interview, or shortlisted/rejected for the role.
There are 2 separate toggle buttons for SMS /Facebook /Whatsapp and Email which need to be toggled per tab (Invitation, Completion, Shortlisted, and Rejection).
Once done, click on the "Save" button.
- Include the "messenger interview" link in the Invitation message and let the candidate complete the online interview.
2. Track the message length through the message preview section and characters count below the message box.
Each message contains 160 characters.
Do you find this helpful? Leave us feedback! 📢