🧠 Learning Outcomes:
At the end of this article, you'll be able to learn:
- How to navigate through the new bulk actions interface
📌 Why is it important?
Performing bulk actions can be dangerous without proper usability principles in place. With this enhancement, we made sure that our users --
- Understand what each bulk action will do so they can confidently use the one that they need
- Can see the progress of the bulk action so they know how long it would take for it to be complete
- Can confirm their bulk actions before proceeding to prevent mistakes
- Can see how many candidates were affected by bulk actions for data/reporting purposes
⚙️ How to configure it?
Step 1: Click on a candidate's avatar or the ⚪️ icon to select candidates. The bulk actions will be automatically displayed on your screen. We now have 11 bulk actions: Shortlist, Reject, Hold, Hire, Transfer, Create Application, Assign Recruiter, Assign Label, Restart Bot, Share, and Send Message.
- Shortlist - Move candidates to the Shortlisted folder
- Reject - Move candidates to the Rejected folder
- Hold - Move candidates to the On Hold folder
- Hire - Move candidates to the Hired folder
- Transfer - Move candidates to a folder or campaign except for Inbox
- Create application - Move candidates to another campaign’s Inbox
- Assign Recruiter - Assign a recruiter for all the candidates
- Assign Label - Assign a label to all candidates
- Send Message - Bulk message all candidates
- Restart Bot - Let the chatbot take over again
- Share - Share the candidates' profiles to a reviewer
Step 2 : You can select a bulk action, however, there are some that would require confirmations or other configurations.
SHORTLIST / REJECT
In shortlisting/rejecting candidates, you have the option to toggle ON/OFF the message template from being sent out.
You can then choose one or more shortlist/reject reasons before proceeding. This will not be sent to the candidate but will be added to the candidate's profile.
HOLD / HIRE / RESTART BOT
Clicking on 'Hold', 'Hire', and 'Restart Bot' bulk actions would then prompt a confirmation message before proceeding.
Transfer bulk action is the same as the previous 'Move Candidate' button whenever you need to migrate the candidates to a different campaign and folder. However, note that you will not be able to move to the Inbox folder using this bulk action.
You can then proceed to toggle ON/OFF for enabling a round-robin assignment and sending the message template set up in the destination folder.
This bulk action is for 'moving' the candidates to another campaign's Inbox folder. The system will create a new application so that the candidates can start with a fresh application and answer the interview questions on the destination campaign.
There will be a 'Duplicate Warning' message displayed, whether you would want to keep the current application and create a copy on the destination campaign -- or not. You can also toggle ON/OFF for enabling the round-robin assignment and sending the message template set up for the Inbox folder of the destination campaign.
ASSIGN RECRUITER / ASSIGN LABELS
Bulk assigning recruiter/s and labels both have a dropdown list where you can choose the names/labels that you need. Data is arranged alphabetically.
Clicking on the 'Share' bulk action would first prompt you to choose with whom you'd like to share the profiles (Teammate/Guest).
Next, a form will be displayed where you can input email addresses, select the information to share, and compose a message for the reviewer before proceeding. (We've also improved our Share Profile feature! You can check it out here.)
Lastly, the 'Send Message' bulk action will display the chatbox where you can compose your message or choose a quick reply to send to your selected candidates.
Step 3 : Once you click on 'Continue', a confirmation message will be displayed to review the action you wanted to perform and to prevent mistakes.
Step 4 : Click 'Yes' to proceed, and 'No' to cancel. Once the bulk action is performed, the candidates will be deselected.
🟢 BULK ACTION PROGRESS
As mentioned above, we've added a way for our users to see the progress of their bulk actions. You should see a new icon next to the notification bell. If the user confirms the bulk action, this icon should open its panel and display the bulk action progress.
- In Queue - action has not started
- In Progress - action is being executed
- Completed with check icon - action is completed
- Completed with alert icon - action is completed but there are candidates that were not affected
- Failed - the action was not completed
🟢 VIEW BULK ACTION LOGS
Users now have a page to see all the logs for bulk actions. This can be found by going to Leads > Bulk Actions. Logs are arranged from newest to oldest, and all access roles can access this page.
You should be able to see the following information:
- User - First and last name of the recruiter
- Candidates - number of actual candidates affected vs selected
- Start Time - time the bulk action was executed
- Time Finished - time the bulk action was completed
You can also filter by:
Got any questions? Click on the green chat bubble on the lower right side of your screen to get in touch with our team.